If i was a boy…

If I was a boy

If I was a boy, I would receive the best of education.

If I was a boy,I would be free to speak what I feel.

If I was a boy, I would be free to go where I like.

If I was a boy, I would not be considered a burden by my family.

If I was a boy, I would not got to bed crying everyday.

If I was a  boy, I would not be beaten up by men.

If  I was a boy, I would not be restricted to spend most my time within the four walls of my house.

If I was a boy, I would not be wrapped in clothes I dislike.

If I was a boy,I would not be taunted every now and then.

If I was a boy, I would not be judged by men and women.

If I was a boy, I would not be molested in daily life.

If I was a boy, I would have rights.

If I was a boy I would not be questioned so frequently.

If I was a boy, the quality of my character would not be suspected.

If I was a boy,I would not be bound by the arbitrary rules.

If  I was a boy,I would not have to change my name after marriage.

If I was a boy, I would have my own recognition and would not be know as somebody’s wife.

If I was a boy, I would be free to choose my career.

If I was a boy, I would not have to share my life with a partner I don’t like.

If I was a boy, my living will would not be curbed by the wishes of the dead.

If I was a boy, I would be free to live my life my way.

IF I was a boy…..

image

-Aishwarya Singh.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “If i was a boy…

  1. Hey there!
    I completely disagree with your opinion about the ‘boy-girl’ comparison.
    Your comparison dates back to that era when things were different– and therefore outdated. Now society has changed by leaps and bounds.
    People arent judged or concluded upon the basis of their gender but their capacity and wellness in doing tasks in contradiction to what youve described in your short peice of literature.
    Such kind of matter based on gender-bias provokes the societal thinking and causes a lot of disturbance which we dont wish. Do we?
    It further affects the psychology of other women too in an adverse manner.

    If you still feel the same way…then sweetheart, you are completely mistaken about the situation and have to change your perspective ASAP.

    Yours’,
    Della

    Liked by 1 person

    1. I am glad you have an opinion:)
      But i must tell you,you are only partially right. Even though society looks changed it is not,maybe 60% of the society maybe what you stated but the rest 40% still dwells in the orthodox thinking and mostly it is the sophisticated families that have such mindsets.
      and my short piece of literature, am trying to create awareness , that still there are people with such mindsets.
      I would also like to inform you that I never felt what I have expressed in my poetry,I have only put my friend’s experiences on paper.
      I am sure, that there are still people who consider men to be superior because I have witnessed such incidents and my friend belongs to one such family.
      I suggest you read my post ‘ I am a Girl’,and please do share your opinion about it:)
      Yours,
      Aishwarya.

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s